If you have to write something, be it a work proposal, term papers, blogs, personal project, etc.; is important to keep some things in mind when you start writing. So you are sure to do an excellent job.
1. Availability of time-how long have to write, as this will help you to get organized and know how much time you have available. Also you can get organized and use the time effectively.
2. Look for information(if necessary) -if you need to work with a topic you do not know, you should look for information in dictionaries, books and the internet. There is a lot of information available, use pages like http://www.rae.es, http://www.wordreference.com, among others.
3. Prepare a outline: a good recommendation to start writing is to prepare an outline, it helps define the topic or look for subtopics. From there you may find how and what you’re writing or if you have to change the subject.
I’ll leave an example here (not judge me but I wanted to keep it simple):
I. Make up
A.Drug store makeup
B. Department store makeup
II. “Drug store vs Department store makeup
4.Avoid unnecessary interruptions, if I know, social networking, cell, people around us; we have so many interruptions that we cannot avoid; but we need to do our part to ensure that these are lower.
Advice: be in a place where you do not have constant interruptions (if you are in your work office, do not neglect your duties), leave the phone and /or cell on vibrate or away (if possible) and if you have to use the Internet, use it only for information about your topic. It is not easy but you can do it and it’s just for a short time.
5. Brainstorm (writing)-if you do not find how to start writing, start writing ideas on the subject or related words (if another author, please give credit on your work), if you do not get anything, I recommend you keep looking information (tip # 2), do not worry, the ideas will come eventually.
6.Reviewing the work-so you’ve written and/or terminated, you should review before submitting written material, calmly check the spelling and organization of material. If you make plenty of time to do it better! so you can rest and then review the next day, or if you want you can find someone you trust to help you revise the writings; is better to have an honest opinion and perhaps find mistakes that have not seen before.
7. Handout time-and we are finished! publish, submit orhandout your work. Now the hard part is over and you can breathe in peace, it’s even better because you have the satisfaction of doing some excellent work.
Other tips: Have an organized work area, believe it or not, this affects your work because having a disorganized area is no easy task (I speak from experience), not having access to materials and not have enough space can be something hard to work with.
Materials-have enough material to work with: paper, pens, pencils, ink (if using printer), if usinga laptop make sure you have the charger, dictionaries, supplementary materials, etc.
Prepare a draft-this has worked for me so much! Write a draft (regardless of work purpose) and is much easier to finish the project and proofread.
And the last and most important: Enjoy! Writing is a very important method of communication and the development of a person;is used for many things and best of all it can be the best way to express ourselves. So take a paper, get a pencil and start writing.